Hit the musical theatre gym…
…before you head to the cabaret party!
Gotta Getta Gimmick brings local artists, singers, actors, performers, musicians and musical theatre fans together several times a year with our legendary chorus|line|cabaret series.
This long-running series continues to expose both performers and fans to the full and diverse spectrum of musical theatre while broadening the public palette for the genre and developing Victoria’s musical theatre community.
Here’s how it works:
– Apply below to be a part of clc 22: Jonathan Larson. Fill out the form and be sure to mention if there’s a JL song that you know or are particularly drawn to/excited by.
– Can’t be at all of the rehearsals? Let’s talk about your conflicts and see what we can come up with. We want you to come and sing!
– If we are not familiar with your work, we may ask you to send us a video audition.
– Once the application deadline is closed, we will be in touch to let you know if we have a spot for you.
– If you are accepted into the chorus|line ensemble, you will be assigned a voice type and sent sheet music and recordings to start working on your parts. We only have a handful of evening rehearsals, so the more prep work you can do on your own – the better!
– During the rehearsal process, the ensemble continues to work on several ensemble numbers as well as smaller numbers, musical scenes, trios, duets and solos as cast. GGG brings in professional coaches and industry leaders to help shape each number and the cabaret evening and to develop the individual craft and process of each ensemble member.
– Think of the chorus|lne|cabaret series like a musical theatre gym – it’s free to join (thanks to the ongoing support of our public funders and many theatre friends), it’s open to all – but space is limited. So sign up for an audition!
The chorus|line|cabaret is generously supported by the Province of British Columbia.
Produced by Gotta Getta Gimmick.
SIGN UP BELOW – or CLICK HERE